Coronavirus cases are rising rapidly throughout the country. Therefore, as of 5 January 2021, National Lockdown rules apply in England. This means we must all stay at home to keep Woking safe, protect the NHS and save lives.
Since the first lockdown in 2020, our community in Woking has been strong together. Once again, we must support each other.
Please, follow the government guidance:
• You must not leave or be outside of your home except where necessary. Reasonable excuses to leave home include: shopping for basic necessities, going to work if you cannot reasonably do so from home, exercising with your household/bubble once per day within your local area, education, childcare, and for medical reasons.
• It is against the law to leave your home to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You must stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household.
• Colleges, primary schools and secondary schools will remain open only for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term. Early years settings remain open and Higher Education provision will remain online until mid-February. • All non-essential retail, personal care and hospitality venues must remain closed. This includes indoor gyms.
• If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, you should follow resumed shielding guidance.
“It is clear from public health data and the pressure across our National Health Service that these measures are absolutely necessary in order to save lives. We have been at the forefront of the response here since the first UK transmitted case was reported in Surrey in February last year. Together with our partners of the Local Resilience Forum, we have worked tirelessly to protect residents and equip our frontline services. We will not stop. And together, we will endure again and get through to better days ahead.” - Tim Oliver, Leader of Surrey County Council
Hands. Face. Space.
By continuing to follow the simple guidelines for controlling the virus, we can help reduce infection rates in Woking. So, please remember:
• Hands – wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds
• Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet • Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings) Got symptoms? Get a test. Coronavirus symptoms include:
• a high temperature
• a new, continuous cough
• a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste If you have any of these symptoms, get a test and stay at home. Book online at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
If you test positive for coronavirus, you can play your part to help stop the spread of the virus by sharing the contact details of those you have been in contact with. These people will then be alerted by NHS Test & Trace and advised to self-isolate.
For the latest Coronavirus advice and more details on the National Lockdown restrictions, please visit gov.uk/coronavirus