Ah romance! There’s definitely no shortage of that in Woking, so let’s make this year’s Valentine’s Day extra special with Victoria’s Kitchen.
Based in Mayford, cakemaker to the stars Victoria Gadsdon is a verifiable home-grown success and is famous far and wide for her big range of delectable treats, cake decorating, sugar craft and baking classes for every age.
A big supporter of our #LoveLocal campaign, Victoria has kindly shared the recipe for these heart-shaped stunners. Clear the decks and feel the love!
Heart Linzer Biscuits
What you’ll need:
- - 250g Plain Flour
- - 200g butter – cut into small cubes
- - 100g icing sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- - 2 free range medium egg yolks
- - Strawberry jam
- - Large heart cookie cutter and small heart cookie cutter
How to bring it all together!
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170c fan
- 2. Place the flour, butter, and icing sugar into a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the ingredients together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 3. Add the egg yolks and mix until a dough forms
- 4. Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper (about ¼ inch thickness), and pop in the fridge for 15 minutes or until firm
- 5. Once chilled, cut double of each large heart shape with a smaller heart shape cut out of one
- 6. Pop on the baking tray and bake for 12 minutes, or until light golden brown and crisp
- 7. Remove and carefully transfer to a cooling rack
- 8. Once cool, put the biscuits with smaller heart holes on a tray and cover with a light dusting of icing sugar
- 9. Make sure the jam is nice and smooth and pop a dollop on the full biscuit – making sure you don’t go right to the edge and don’t overfill
- 10. Pop the dusted biscuit on the top
Let us know how you get on by tagging your creations using #WeAreWoking.
To find out more about Victoria’s Kitchen, visit https://www.victorias-kitchen.com/